Profile of Dr. M.L.S.Deva Kumar Principal
JNTUA College of Engineering KALIKIRI
Dr. M.L.S.Deva Kumar completed B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) at J.N.T.U.College of Engineering, Anantapur, and Acquired Masters in Business Administration (M.B.A.) from School of Business Management (SBM), S.V.University Campus, Tirupathi.
He has acquired another Masters Degree i.e., M.Tech with Heat Power as specialization from J.N.T.University, Hyderabad.
He got Doctorate from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur for his research work related to Energy from Waste Biomass – Producer Gas-Diesel Dual Fuel Engine.
Coming to his work experience, after completion of B.Tech he worked as Production Engineer at Navabarath Ferro Alloys Ltd.,-Machine Building Division, an ISO-9001 certified company at Hyderabad.
After completion of M.B.A. he worked as Field Executive in a Non Banking Finance Company BASIX at Raichur, Karnataka and contributed for New Livelihood Generation among the rural folks.
He joined with J.N.T.University in 1999 as Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering and posted to J.N.T.U.College of Engieering, Anantapur.
He was elevated as Associated Professor in 2006, and served at J.N.T.U.College of Engineering, Pulivendula, Kadapa Dt.,
He was promoted as Professor in 2012.
He was PRINCIPAL of JNTUA College of Engineering PULIVENDULA during 2013-2014.
He is Founder DIRECTOR – JNTUA School of Management Studies,Ananthapuramu,
Presently he is PRINCIPAL of JNTUA College of Engineering, Kalikiri, Chittoor Dt. Chairman, Institution of Engineers (India) Ananthapuram Local Centre. President, Rotary Club of Anantapur Central (RI 3160)
Prior to this he proved his administrative and managerial capability while performed as
- PRINCIPAL, JNTUA College of Engineering, Pulivendula, YSR Dist.
- University NSS PROGRAMME COORDINATOR, JNTU Anantapur
- Twice as Vice Principal, JNTUA College of Engineering,Ananthapuramu
- Member of Standing Committee for Academic Council, JNTUA
- Member of NSS Advisory Committee, JNTUA
- Member of NSS Advisory Committee, SKU
- Chairman, Academic Council, JNTUACEP
- Member Secretary, Board of Governors, TEQIP, JNTUACEP
- Member of State Level Committee for Revision of NSS Manual
- Member of National Committee on Restructuring of NSS
He also served the University in different capacities viz.,
- Deputy Warden, JNTUCEA
- Officer – incharge of Hostels, JNTUCEA
- Officer Incharge of Examination, JNTUCEA
- Treasurer, Teachers Association, JNTUCEA
- Secretaty cum Treasurer, Alumni Association, JNTUCEA
- Secretary cum Treasurer, Diamand Jubilee Celebrations, JNTUCEA
- Treasurer, Mechanical Engineering Students’ Association
- (MESA), JNTUCEA
- First Students’ Union Co-ordinator, JNTUCE Pulivendula
- Chairman, Board of Studies (M.B.A.), JNTUniversity, Anantapur.
- Officer Incharge of M.B.A. programme., JNTUniversity, Anantapur.
- Faculty Adivisor, Institution of Engineers (India), Anantapur J.N.T.U.C.E. Students’ Chapter (Mechanical Engineering) E-515.
- Coordinator, Board of Studies (M.B.A.) J.N.T.University Anantapur.
- NSS Program Officer, Dept. of Management, JNTUA
- Staff Co-ordinator, Mechanical Engineering Students’ Association (MESA), JNTUCEA
- Secretary, Teachers’ Association, JNTUCE, Anantapur
- First Co-ordinator, JNTUA News Bulletin, JNTUA
- Member, Board of Studies (PG) – Production Engineering, JNTUA
- Member Secretary, Board Studies, JNTUACEA
- Member Secretary, Academic Council, JNTUACEA
- Controller of Examinations, JNTUACEA
- Executive Member of Andhra Pradesh Federation of University Teacher’s Associations (APFUTA) for the tenure of 2013-15.
- Chairman, Board of Studies (UG) – Mechanical Engineering, JNTUA.
- First Co-ordnator, JNTUA News Bulletin, JNTUA.
- Member on Governing Bodies, Board of Studies, Results Committees of various University Colleges, Affiliated Colleges, Autonomous Colleges.
- Member in various committees of AICTE, Govt. of AP, Govt. of India etc.,
- Co-ordinator of APECET a State Level Examination from 2015 to 2020 consecutively for Six years.
- Founder Faculty Advisor, ROTARACT Club of JNTUA
- University NSS Programme Coordinator and NSS Programme Officer,
- Coordinator of State Level NSS Youth Festival 2015 ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPg1YlvGvJ6gzJjJLmM4Csw )
- AP Contingent Leader for National Youth Festival 2015 at Guwahati Assam.
- Coordinated and Developed JNTUA University Invocation Song “Anantha JNTU Geetham”. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1__SbSWpM8 )
Under his guidance 5 Ph.Ds are awarded and 8 scholars pursuing their research work. He guided 67 M.Tech and 11 MBA projects.PUBLICATIONS:
He published 29 papers in National Journals, 65 papers in International Journals.
He presented 28 papers in National Conferences and 10 in International conferences.
He is having one monogram at his credit.PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIPS:
He is member of various professional bodies:
- Member of Indian Society of Technical Education – ISTE
- Member of Institution of Engineers (India) – IE(I)
- Member of Solar Energy Society of India – SESI
- Member of Combustion Institute (Indian Section) – CI (I)
Hon’Secretary, IEI, Anantapur Local Cenre 2017-2019
Chairman, IEI, Anantapur Local Centre 2019-2021
He is Editorial Advisory Member for “ITIHAS” The Journal of Indian Management (ISSN: 2249-7803), Published by Newzen Research Publication.SOCIAL LEADERSHIP:
He is member of Anantapur Officers Club.
He is member of Rotary International (RI 3160). He served Rotary as Chairman, Service Projects at Rotary Club of Anantapur Central.
He was Secretary of Rotary Club during 2019-20.
President of Rotary Club of Anantapur Central during 2020-21. Led several community development and service activities.
Advisory Committee Member, Community Development Through Polytechnic, (Sponsored by MHRD Govt. of India), AnantapurAWARDS:
He received State Best NSS Programme Co-ordinaotor award from The then Regional Director of NSS, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India in 2016.
He is recipient of prestigious Indira Gandhi NSS (IGNSS) National Award from the then President of India Shri Prabab Mukharji at Rashtrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi in 2016.
He received Bharat Jyothi Award by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi in 2018.
He is recipient of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) State Best Engineering Teacher Award for 2019.