The department has well equipped laboratories including various software packages.
The major laboratories in the department are:
- Electrical Machines Lab,
- Electrical Power Systems Lab,
- Power Electronics Lab,
- Electrical Measurements Lab,
- Electrical Circuits & Simulation Lab,
- Control Systems Lab and Computer simulation Labs.
Latest hardware equipment and several software packages have been purchased for carrying out research work by students and faculty.
Licensed version of the software’s listed below:
- MATLAB 17a With future Extension
- ORCADE 17.2 (PSPICE)
The priority research areas for research are Electrical Power Systems, Power Electronics, Industrial Drives, Reliability Engineering and Control System.